Kennosuke Tokisada Ouma (青馬 剣之介 時貞, Ouma Kennosuke Tokisada) is the title character and the deuteragonist featured in Kuromukuro. He is a young man who is surrounded in mystery that appeared from inside the artifact "The Cube". He is a human of the past (roughly 450 years), who came out of the Cube and awoke in the present day. In order to protect the princess Yuki, he fought with the beings known as "oni" (demons). Hundreds of years later, he was awoken by Yukina Shirahane on the eve of a renewed encounter with the same aliens. He is the pilot of the Black Relic grongol or known as Kuromukuro.
- A mysterious young man who speaks in the language of samurai. He seems to recognize Yukina.
Kennosuke is a young muscular man, he has rough black hair and has dark brown/red eyes. His hair is spiky, and comes off to the right side. He also has a small ponytail at the back of his head. When not wearing his pilot suit, he is usually seen wearing his high school uniform, but sometimes when he is home he can be seen wearing a simple kimono.
Kennosuke is very blunt and hot-headed, often reacting angrily and at times can be stubborn. Otherwise he is also strong willed and doesn't give up easily. Because of him coming from the past and awoken in the present, he had a hard time blending in with the society, curious about the modern clothes and thinking people were trapped in a box when in reality it was just a phone with webcam chat. He became a bit used to it as he can be seen calling people on his phone. He is a fast learner, although he was from the past, he could learn English faster.
Kennosuke is skilled in swordsmanship as seen throughout the episode. He wields an alien katana that could slice through the oni and the other foes but only he could do so, because the katana is linked with his ID. His katana sheath and handle are the same color as the Kuromukuro.
Beside swordsmanship, Kennosuke also a skilled pilot, this was shown by how he could use and control the Kuromukuro with the help of Yukina. Although he was undergoing a deep sleep, his skill for using the relics still there, he was able to slay the first oni when he was given the chance too.
Kennosuke mistakes Yukina for the Princess Yuki he once served 450 years ago when he was awakened from a mysterious cube. At first they didn’t exactly like each other but they soon created a close bond leading to Kennosuke showing to have feelings for Yukina and later on, decides to create a romantic relationship with her, although his method of romance is a bit blunt and unromantic.
- See Kennosuke Tokisada Ouma/Image Gallery for more images.
- The name Kennosuke means "healthy, strong" (剣) (ken), "this" (之) (no) and "forerunner, herald" (介) (suke).
- Kennosuke's middle name Tokisada means "time, hour, occasion" (時) (toki) and "upright, chastity, constancy, righteousness" (貞) (sada).
- Kennosuke's surname Ouma means "blue, green" (青) (ou) and "horse" (馬) (ma).
- According to the show, Kennosuke's ability is Martial Arts and Kenjutsu.
- Kennosuke's role is a mecha pilot and a samurai.
- His favorite food is curry.